Previously I expressed hope — quite probably a naive and foolish hope — that the electoral rout of the Republicans might lead that party to a journey of self-examination, reformation, and renewal, a journey that leads to a more libertarian promotion of policies actually connected to individual liberty and responsibility rather than meretricious cultural thuggery. I'd also like a pony and all my hair back, please.
Since November, I've been watching carefully for signs that the party has set that course — or any coherent course — in response to the election and in response to the fiscal atrocities underway in Washington.
I'm pretty sure that a slap-flight between the RNC chair and Rush Limbaugh is not the sign I was hoping for.
When I was a fed, one of my favorite supervisors ever had the classic Churchill deserve victory poster in his office. This is not a party that deserves victory.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017