As someone currently losing weight (about 20 pounds by now) by dint of the unpleasant method of not eating things I want to eat, I always have my eye out for a quick, painless shortcut. It's the American way. Why should I eat these child-sized bento boxes of compressed vegetable fiber, or even (God forgive me) exercise, when there are people on the radio who assure me that my weight problem is a result of impacted mac & cheese in my colon that can be cleansed out with their $29.99 pills and a four-day weekend in the bathroom?
But no matter how desperate I am for a method that will not force me to accept responsibility for my actions, I can guarantee you one thing: I am not going to go on national television and pretend to be a Jedi named "Master Ken" and prance around with a plastic lightsaber in a bid to lose weight, no matter how effective it is supposed to be. I have some self-respect, jiggly through it may be.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017