Over at Stitch in Haste, Kip illuminates and comments upon a particularly outrageous element of what may or may not, depending upon the day and who you ask, be the Obama Administration's tax policy:
The White House says it is unfair for high-income people to get a bigger tax break than middle-income people for claiming the same deductions or making the same charitable contributions.
Of course, as Kip points out, the reason that the higher-income person gets a bigger break is that they're paying more taxes in the first place.
Read Kip's whole piece. Something is going on — and I'm not sure if it is mendacity, ignorance, or poor message control.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017