We're trained to think that America owes its military prowess to a state-of-the-art technological advantage. While we are generally technologically superior, it's fascinating to see how much of the backbone of our military prowess depends on tech that is, in relative terms, ancient. Today South Bend Seven has an informative post about the F-15, the workhorse of our air force, with an impressive 107-0 kill ratio an an average venerable age of 24, with a technological age more than a decade older than that. Our air supremacy is built on the same tech level of the 8-track tape, and succeeds because no one will fly against it.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017