And The Second Golden Asshat Goes To…
When I introduced the Golden Asshat, I really didn't think I would be inspired to award the prize again.
The criteria for this award are simple. You must impress us, not as merely an asshat, but as such a superlative and spectacular asshat as to merit the special recognition that can only be given a Golden Asshat.
But David Cohen, editorial cartoonist for the Asheville Citizen Times, a rather good small-medium market paper in western North Carolina, certainly earned his Golden Asshat with this February 9 cartoon.
The award is well-deserved. If you agree, won't you let Cohen's newspaper know that?
Via Fritinancy, through Twitter.
Edit: 2/12/2009 Dave Russell, who says he works for the Citizen Times, sends this message through comments:
Please note this cartoon did not run in the Asheville Citizen-Times — not in print, not online. I work on the editorial pages of the AC-T and he did not even submit this one to us for consideration. We would not have accepted it for publication.
You may read more of Mr. Russell's message, and my response, in the comments to this post. Thanks to Mr. Russell for the update.
Last 5 posts by Patrick Non-White
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility For Chip McGee's Feelz. And For Wombats. - January 30th, 2015
- Charlie Hebdo - Open Thread - January 7th, 2015
- The Curious Case Of The T.V. Attorney And Twitter - December 20th, 2014
- The Statement Of South Pittsburg Commissioner Jeff Powers - December 17th, 2014
- The Speechfather - November 19th, 2014