Via the Legal Satyricon, a highly irksome story about a clash between big retailer Nordstrom and a tiny yoga clothing company that was the first to register a mark that Nordstrom wanted. The story has two morals: (1) incompetence by government bureaucrats can tank your business, and there's not much you can do about it, and (2) if you don't have a huge litigation fund, someone who does can tank your business whether or not you are in the right, and there's not much you can do about it. Hooray for the legal system!
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017