The firm's attorneys are busy getting out last-minute cards, sending clerks with client gifts, and furtively last-minute-shopping. Your place of business and/or indolence is probably similar. Why fight it? Here's a roundup of things to do rather than pretending to work:
- Via Weird Universe, it's dog abuse — in hairstyle form.
- Via John Scalzi, Yankee Pot Roast takes 11 words that sound offensive and explains as offensively as possible why they are not.
- Via Fishy over at OO, Bubble Spinner, a potentially addictive browser game.
- Geek-tastic has the schedule of geek-friendly holiday TV marathons.
- And finally, if you really want your day to vanish without explanation faster than a bailout fund, John Scalzi finally has a link connecting all of his "Big Idea" posts. In each one, Scalzi introduces a book and its author — often, though by no means always, in the Sci-Fi or fantasy genres — and lets them talk about the notions that inform their writing and books. It's a great way to find new authors.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017