In Texas, They Don't Need Six Degrees of Separation
As long as I'm cheerfully pimping Patrick's posts, I would be remiss not to call your attention to this excellent piece about how the circle of life works in the Lone Star State — drunk driver causes fatal crash, she ups and sues the driver she rear ended, the lawyer who represents her gets cases appointed to her by her daddy, who happens to be a judge . . . . you get the picture. Texas lawblogger Mark Bennett has a great follow-up.
While you are at it, take a look and see how a discussion of the blame-the-video-game industry culminates in Patrick committing a Unabomberesque federal crime against me.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Update: Dr. Mario Saad Asks Court To Reconsider Prior Restraint On Epically Ridiculous Grounds - March 4th, 2015
- Darren Wilson and the Benefit of Doubt - March 4th, 2015
- A Few Comments on the David Petraeus Plea Deal: What Money And Connections Buy You - March 3rd, 2015
- Weekend Censorious Dipshittery Roundup - March 2nd, 2015
- Judge Tim Grendell Was For The First Amendment Before He Was Against It - March 2nd, 2015