Last night I picked my bike up from the shop, and noticed that our local bus company, AC Transit, had set the digital signs on the front of the buses to alternate between the route number and a presumed festive holiday message. Of course, it looks like a memo didn't translate well or something, because what the sign actually said was SEASON GREETING. Man, the recession is so bad that they are only celebrating one season, and only once. Might be time for a bailout.
What probably happened was that the message was too long to fit on the signs. They could have gone with the shorter HAPPY HOLIDAYS, perhaps. Is one or the other better in the whole War on Christmas sense?
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010