A lovely couple in New Jersey just wanted to get their son a nice birthday cake with his name on it. Then, those anti-fascist fascists at Shop-Rite wouldn't make the cake because the kids name was Adolf Hitler. Those bastards. I have to say, I am honestly surprised that there is no lawsuit involved here.
The reason they named their son Adolf Hitler is "no one else in the world would have that name." Hmm. By that rationale, their next kid (and I think we can guess they will have several more kids..) should be named Osama Bin Laden, or George W. Bush.
Of course, when Shop-Rite tried to trample on the rights of the not anti-semitic Campbells (for instance, dad says if his son wants to hang out with black kids "that's his choice") a proud defender of free speech arose. I think you can see where this is going, but the next time you need a Happy Birthday Adolf cake, you can head straight to Wal-Mart. That is art meeting satire right there… Just beautiful.
By the way, the Campbells aren't racist at all, but their daughter is named JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell, and their other daughter is inscrutably named Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell. Hinler?
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010