It's finally happened — I can no longer beat the kids at tag. I used to be able to outrun and outmaneuver them reliably until they would collapse, frustrated. Now they've gotten too big and too smart. The oldest runs me to ground by exhausting me and the younger two zerg rush me once I'm bent over dry heaving.
It's hard to be too upset about such things on a warm, sunny late Autumn day like this, though. We went to the farmer's market, got fresh bakery goodies and drinks, then took them across the street to the park, and I sat and watched the kids play. It doesn't get much better than that.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017