Lori Drew, whose case I blogged about before, has been convicted of misdemeanors. I suggested before that the government's theory amounts to saying that any violation of a web site's terms of service is a federal crime, and that we ought to be concerned about the vast discretionary power this gives to the government.
Busy now, but I will write more over the long weekend about why this conviction is disturbing.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017