I used to mock my parents, grandparents, and in-laws for being incapable of getting the name of the person they are addressing right inside three tries.
Now I am one of them. When speaking (OK, yelling) to a child in my household, I am incapable of getting the name right without first cycling through the names his or her siblings, pets, neighbors, cultural figures, and women I wanted to date sophomore year in 1988. "Abby … Evan … Meeko … Deborah … Elaina! Stop that!"
Old people are laughing at me now.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017