Today, as a reward for the kids behaving reasonably well while I conducted a deacon board meeting, I took them to one of their favorite breakfast spots for pancakes.
I am happily married to a terrific woman who is well out of my league. (Hooray for the geek/hottie phenomenon!) However, were I not married, I would definitely have to rent kids by the hour, and start a business renting kids to single men. Single dad handling three cute kids and making the two-year-old laugh with delight while waiting for breakfast to be served? That's total money for the adjacent table of young things doing some sort of bachelorette brunch. (The mimosas they were pounding probably didn't hurt.) They were looking at me as if I had hair and a waistline.
Of course, if the kids are actually yours, then by definition you lack the time, money, energy, non-sticky vehicle, uncluttered abode, or clean clothes to take serious advantage of the phenomenon. Hence the rental business plan.
There's probably some law against renting children, though. Fascists.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017