I would have headed over to join the Proposition 8 protest in Los Angeles today (and I suspect Katrina would have wanted to as well, were she not on a well-deserved girls' weekend in Big Bear), but a schedule of soccer games and the logistics of three kids made it impractical. Box Turtle Bulletin has a good round-up of protest pictures and reports, and Kip has a report from the New York protest.
As a modest alternative, I'm working on a post addressing the "blacklist" and "gays are trampling on our free speech rights" rhetoric steadily streaming from Prop 8 supporters. Up on Monday.
But my good wishes and solidarity go out to peaceful protesters.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017