Overthrowing him will be a trick,
Pray for rebels as they plot,
to have Than Shwe lined up and shot.
In today's reminder of how lucky we are to live in a society that protects freedom of expression, the Index on Censorship reports that Burmese blogger Nay Phone Latt has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for posting criticism of Burmese military dictator Than Shwe, who despite his name, is not known primarily for harmoniously arranged living rooms.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017