I'm writing up my How to Vote post shortly (and yes, you should believe it when you see it..) but I wanted to tell a favorite Halloween story from a few years back (timely as always!) We get a lot of kids in my neighborhood. Like $100 worth of candy kids. They actually ship in from other neighborhoods. I love it. I make banter with them all asking them about their costumes.
A few years ago, a little girl came up in scrubs with a little light attached to her forehead. I took two guess at who she was, but couldn't get it. I gave up, and she said proudly "I'm a dentist!" Now, that would have been good enough, because that was certainly the first dentist costume I had ever seen. But then she motioned me to lean in close. She opened her shirt, and underneath was a sparkly pink leotard. In a conspiratorial whisper she told me "I'm also the tooth fairy!"
She got all the candy she wanted from me…
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010