My trial is "trailing" .. meaning that we're sitting around waiting for another trial to be finished before we start. It's maddening in some ways — straining at the leash, unable to stand down from high-tension preparedness. On the other hand it is a good opportunity to polish opening statements and cross-examinations, improve demonstrative exhibits, and go through testimony again with key witnesses.
But trial prep has been around-the-clock; hence my absence. But I'd be lying to you if I said that was all. An equal component is the aforementioned Black Dog, a periodic surge in depression. I think I'm on the downswing of it now. It will pass. But while it surges, creative work is very difficult; a blank page provokes nameless and senseless crawling dread that moves me to snap the browser closed and go do something else. That's life with teh crazy. As you might guess, it does not make litigation particularly fun.
But this will pass. I'm committed to this blog, and will be back. Maybe the end of the month.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017