I apologize for the drop off the face of the earth. It's been an eventful month in Ezra-land. Highlights include:
- Being shifted around on the org chart at work.
- Almost getting fired for expressing concerns about my new boss.
- Asking a longtime office crush out on a date. (Her response, a terse no. She could have at least told me what a good friend I was…)
- Signing a waiver to do yoga at work. (Of course, after I did it, I might have been able to make a workers comp case for my poor hamstrings.)(By the way, as introductions to yoga go, in a conference room at work, to a "power yoga" tape trying to keep up with a 25 year old is not recommended.)
- Turned 37 (let me tell you, being 37 and single are a bad combination with having a Jewish mother…)
- Had the best birthday I can remember (Somehow, 22 people came out for my 2nd annual minigolf tournament. It was awesome!)
- Felt like a cad when I made my new boss cry (I was definitely projecting some of my frustration with the situation on to her..)
- Wondered why anyone would drink an avocado smoothie.
- Felt like less of a cad when it became clear that she was manipulating the situation.
- Thought about quitting my job, and definitely started caring a little less about it.
- Threw out my back Wii bowling.
- Started playing my first ever MMORPG. My brother gave me 2 months of Warhammer Online for my birthday. I'm worried that it will fall by the wayside when Fallout3 comes out.
- Talked to a therapist for the first time in 15 years to try & sort out some of my frustrations (I had forgotten how freeing it can be…)
- Put a pitiful amount of stuff on the Hat. I even saw a couple of things that I wanted to do a little story on (the waiver for yoga was right up there) but just didn't have my fastball.
So yeah, it's been quite a month. My birthday was an incredibly positive and recharging event, and has put me in a much better place.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010