. . . is an enhanced capacity for self-deception and procrastination. Even entirely irrational self-deception and procrastination.
The alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. I had things to get done. I should have gotten up. But I woke up and said to myself "I don't have to get up early, thanks to the Rule against Perpetuities." And then I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep.
It made perfect sense at the time.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017