So I'm sitting here in the waiting room of the Jules Stein Eye Institute at UCLA waiting for my wife to have from her elective laser eye surgery. I've been thinking of getting it myself as a 40th birthday present next year.
In the last ten minutes, two patients have emerged from the surgery suites. Both wore ludicrous black goggles and were stumbling around running into furniture like Chevy Chase playing Gerald Ford.
Maybe they're just giving them some really good shit back there to mellow them out. But at the moment I think I'll stick with glasses and squinting.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017