Via Game Politics, I see that a study of 7,00o MMORPG players exploded stereotypes somewhat. Gamers were leaner and exercised more than the American average. However, they were more prone to depression and substance abuse. (Substances other than Cheetos, apparently.)
Of course, I'm fat AND depressed, so I exist outside the curve. Bite me, statisticians!
The study was of Everquest II players. Are they representative? Would WoW players be fatter but less prone to substance abuse, as they lack the necessary social contacts to score alcohol or dope? Only more studies will tell.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017