I decided on a slightly more temperate post title than Derrick.
So, Lehman Brothers declaring bankruptcy, Merrill Lynch sold off to Bank of America at fire-sale prices to Bank of America (which, incidentally, makes BofA an even more scary-ass bad-science-fiction-movie mega-corporation than it was already), and AIG on the ropes, it's looking like a bad day to be in the stock market. I'm glad I can take the long view; I worry for folks I know who can't.
Here's hoping Monday isn't have-to-make-a-scary-name-up-for-it bad.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017