The McCain campaign, presumably with a straight face (since good Republicans know no other), suggested that VP Candidate Sarah Palin's experience as Commander in Chief of the Alaska National Guard gave her understanding in "what it takes to lead our nation and she understands the importance of supporting our troops." Really? The Alaska National Guard? Both of them?
Shrub, without a hint of irony, called it an exciting choice. "Governor Palin is a proven reformer who is a wise steward of taxpayer dollars and champion for accountability in government…" Unlike me, he did not add.
Look, I think it's wonderful that no matter who wins in November we will have at least top elected official who is not a White male. Baby steps & all that. Still, the lengths both campaigns are going to either validate their young candidate or invalidate the opposing candidate are getting a little silly.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010