I can hardly be a surprise that the powers that be — vanguards of the same culture that produces Jon Benet Ramsey and that produces fuck-me shoes for infants, has my five-year-old singing like a prostitot, and encourages tweens to wear clothes with suggestive slogans across the ass — want to sex up Dora the Explorer.
Dora the Explorer, the wide-eyed cartoon character adored by young children around the world, is facing a makeover amid competition from older, racier rivals.
Nickelodeon, the children's television network owned by Viacom, has been discussing a redesign of some Dora-themed toys and other merchandise that would make the character appear more feminine, say people familiar with the talks.
In a world where men are pigs, surely this can be nothing but trouble. Though it's probably effective marketing.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017