So today we shut off the phones, unplug the server, disconnect the DSL, and take a leap of faith that they will all work again half an hour later in our new office in the same building. Moving a 15-person office — even by just a few floors — makes it kind of hard to work on appellate briefs. I guess that's what the weekend is for.
So meanwhile, have more links:
- When pigs fly, they will be detained by Homeland Security.
- 31% of you apparently believe that the government should force Popehat to balance me out with someone who is not irascible, sarcastic, and misanthropic. 100% of those people can bite me.
- Speaking of censorious and controlling twits, law professor Ann Bartow thinks that it is "bullying" if you repeat somebody's comment on another blog and criticize it without giving the original author notice and an opportunity to respond. At the risk of being a bully, I shall thank Professor Bartow for the object lesson in why it is impossible to take large segments of academia seriously.
- FX industry insider Darth Mojo reviews Clone Wars and finds that people who like this sort of thing will like this sort of thing.
- The sort of lost treasure that geeks dream of: EA uncovers an archive of Origin Systems materials, including unreleased games in development, from the history of the now-defunct company that brought you the Ultima series, System Shock, etc. Maybe they'll put it on E-Bay.
- Finally, ammunition that satisfies Wrath AND Gluttony: via Marc Randazza, Season Shot, which dissolves into spices once shot into the bird. This could get more guys into cooking. Get it to fire automatically and you could get Sloth in there as well.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017