Putting my nose to the grindstone on the appellate brief from Hell this week, so I won't be writing much. A few quick takes:
- Ben Stein became a full-time professional Godwinizer so gradually that I didn't even notice.
- Think hackers are cute? Keep thinking that until they turn off Grandma's pacemaker remotely just for kicks.
- The California Supreme Court has finally pulled the trigger and announced that noncompete clauses are unenforceable out here. No more wading through the obnoxious thicket of contradictory Court of Appeal cases on the issue every time.
- Would you pay $999 for a non-functional status symbol insignia on your iPod? No? How about paying $999 for a test to conclusively determine whether or not you are a moron?
- What's the modern equivalent of the classic Twilight Zone episode Time Enough At Last, where the guy's glasses break at the end? It's probably having Google abruptly shut down all your Google-based apps — Gmail, Google Talk, everything.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017