Can you think of anything more emblematic of the impotence, unseriousness, tone-deafness, dogma-drunkenness, and general fecklessness of modern Democratic politics than a group that is raising money in order to fund a mass mailing of "warning" letters to major Republican donors hoping to deter donations with vaguely worded threats of legal trouble and public exposure? Seriously, my own sympathies aside, if this is how progressive politics brings it when just about every condition is optimal for victory, they deserve to get their asses handed to them in November. It's the law of the jungle — twerps neither survive nor deserve to.
Via Malkin (Who rather dramatically calls this "intimidation," which I would submit requires some actual capacity to intimidate on the part of the actor and some capacity to care on the part of the target. When Paris Hilton's lap dog yaps at a passing car, is the car intimidated?)
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017