Say you're an office manager married to an Amtrak foreman and drive a 1993 car and live in an apartment in Queens, and somebody notices that (1) you've recently given $61,600 to McCain's campaign and the RNC, most of it days after McCain endorsed offshore drilling, and (2) the business you are an office manager for is Hess Corp., one of the country's top five oil companies, and your contributions during that period plus those of Hess execs and their wives and mothers and such exceed $315,000.
Would you like to guess what I, as a high-priced white collar criminal defense lawyer, would like to tell you to do when the press calls to ask whether or not you donated your own money?
I'll give you a hint. It starts with "shhhhh" and ends with "ut the fuck up, dipshit." You don't. give. a. statement.
I'm in the market for a eye-catching design that can rival the Nike swoosh to go with my revolutionary branding catchphrase, Just shut up.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017