So it turns out that it's not just the government that infiltrates and spies on advocacy groups engaged in lawful activity. They also spy on each other. Case in point: Mary McFate a.k.a. Mary Lou Sapone, a spy for the gun lobby who infiltrated the highest policy-making and lobbying levels of various gun control organizations.
Though my policy sympathies are with the gun rights organizations, this strikes me as tremendously sleazy.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017