I've discussed my friend Caren's excellent blog Fennel Files (which is linked in the Nav Bar) before. Her tagline expresses the purpose perfectly: "thoughts on raising vegan kids in a fast food world." I can't recommend it enough, not just for the tasty recipes that most entries contain, but also for the thoughtful and poignant writing wrapped around those recipes.
Recently, Caren wrote about the difficulty of being a new parent, and how even a support group of other parents can sometimes let you down. It was an interesting read. The idea that we tell friends about the best parts of being a parent, leaving them shocked by the realities is fascinating to me.
With the girls being here, I have been thinking a great deal about fatherhood, and being a parent. I still hold out hope that I get the chance, but I have now had a little taste of how difficult it is (although, starting with teenagers might be a mistake…)
As a plus, it also includes a tasty recipe for Lime-Aid, that I might have to whip up for the girls tonight.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010