I just received awful and unbelievable news about a friend I've known since high school. He and his wife — both doctors — adopted a wonderful little girl from Korea a couple of years ago; she's two. We see them occasionally and she's played with my kids.
Last night she passed away, without explanation or apparent cause, in her sleep. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child, or how I would survive it. Any words or prayers I can offer them seem utterly inadequate.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017