So Richard Garriot, aka Lord British, creator and developer of the seminal Ultima series of crpgs (developing vast gamer goodwill in Ultimas I through VII and squandering it in VIII and IX) is going into space. This time, he doesn't need to type a three digit coordinate to find Planet X. Instead, he'll use some of his gamer-garnered wealth to become the sixth private citizen in space. Iolo and Shamino don't get to come.
Follow the link for Tom Chick's excellent interview. I did not know that Garriot's father is an astronaut — that's cool.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- No, Trump Didn't Argue That Protesters Have No Right To Protest or Violated His Rights - April 24th, 2017
- A Pony A Day Keeps the Doctor Away - April 20th, 2017
- Alex Jones And The Rule of Goats - April 19th, 2017
- The Seductive Appeal of the "Nazi Exception" - April 18th, 2017
- The Road to Popehat: Spring Edition - April 17th, 2017