The latest instance: my five-year-old daughter singing "don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" from the backseat. Where the hell did she pick that up? Dammit, Not only is she learning trampy songs, she's learning to ignore the subjunctive mood. Since it seems impractical to track down each of the Pussycat Dolls and kick them in the asses with a wing-tip, I'll have to satisfy myself with making a note to chortle when they descend inevitably into obscurity.
[Of course, I'm fully aware that I'm an awful music snob. If Abby were singing Libiamo ne'lieti calici I'd be delighted, even though it's a tribute to drunken hedonism. ]
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017