So yesterday, for some sin or sins that escape me at the moment, I spent seven hours in Los Angeles International Airport waiting for a delayed flight with six children aged seven and under (three ours, three belonging to the sister-in-law). I'm now officially Childfree and will be going to eke out the rest of my existence as a hermit. I just need to find some moors or a heath or something.
Though there were high points. When we got there, there was a crowd of Muslim women wearing jet black head to toe hijab. Evan stopped, pointed, and said in a loud delighted voice, "Daddy! Look! NINJAS!!!!!
Anyway, we got to our cabin in Estes Park at about 1:30 a.m., only about six hours later than anticipated. Vacation day one will involve lots of sitting on the deck. I can see the hotel featured in the Shining from here. That should be relaxing. Of course, anyone who has spent a full day in an airport with young kids knows that you don't need malevolent spirits in the deep midwinter to start thumbing the edge of the axe.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017