I'm pretty sure that I agree with Judge Easterbrook that a neutral condo association rule that bars residents from posting things outside their door in the hallway does not violate the Fair Housing Act, even if devout Jews would like to post a mezuzah over their doorway.
However, I think I also have to agree with Judge Wood that if you are the lawyer defending the condo association, and you describe the Jewish plaintiffs as wanting to extract "a pound of flesh," you are the world's biggest dipshit.
(Note that I am paraphrasing Judge Wood.)
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017