I don't think I was prepared for my Saturday morning to begin with "Ezra and Hugo Chavez are now friends." Yes, that's right, Venezuelan strong man Hugo Chavez asked me to be his friend on facebook. Sure, some of you might think this is some sort of cruel Redman-esque joke, but I happen to know that El Presidente is pretty tech savvy. You tell me shrub Shrub could pronounce Linux much less tell you what it is. Hugo wouldn't play me like that. He knows I'm committed to international socialism, and have had a soft spot for Venezuela ever since that cute exchange student was in my 4th grade class.
Now, I felt compelled to accept the friend invitation, partly because one can never know too many world leaders and partly because a gang of feral red shirts would likely descend on me if I didn't. So, here's to you El Presidente. May you reign (constitutionally or not) for many years.
I decided to give him a proper state welcome to facebook, and send him a cupcake.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010