Via Hit and Run, I see that the Flint, Michigan Police Department is enacting a bold new policy initiative:
Yep, FPD doesn't want to see your boxers. It's shameful.
"Some people call it a fad," Dicks told the Free Press this week while patrolling the streets of Flint. "But I believe it's a national nuisance. It is indecent and thus it is indecent exposure, which has been on the books for years."
On June 27, the chief issued a departmental memorandum telling officers: "This immoral self expression goes beyond freedom of expression."
Let nobody say that Chief Dicks is leaving your ass in anyone else's hands. He wants to fight the war on crack personally:
On Monday, a Free Press reporter and videographer rode with the chief as he confronted teens sporting the sag look. He issued verbal warnings to several people and said the style also gives police probable cause to search those wearing no-rise jeans.
Whoops! I think I might have passed up something significant. Let's read that sentence again.
He issued verbal warnings to several people and said the style also gives police probable cause to search those wearing no-rise jeans.
Yep. The Flint PD position is that if you are wearing sagged pants, they can search you.
It's not, as Hit and Run points out, like they have anything else to do.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017