Last week I mentioned the odd plans for the Democratic National Convention in Denver. If creating wire-enclosed free speech zones and rigorously controlling foodstuff color isn't disturbing enough for you, there's always the boys-with-their-toys high tech crowd suppression weapons:
According to CNN, the city of Denver is purchasing tons of high-tech weapons to use on unruly DNC protesters, which may include goo-guns that shoot an impossible-to-escape sticky film, sonic ray guns that produce a blood-curdling blast of noise, and a microwave device that can make you feel like your skin is burning.
Now, granted, there's some comic potential in microwaving a guy in a giant paper-mache turtle costume, or maybe glue-gunning some Code Pink folks to a white supremacist. But sooner or later somebody's gonna get hurt. And though it may make good TV, I don't think it's the kind of good TV they are hoping for.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017