Over at Passive-Aggressive Notes I saw a hilariously obnoxious letter from a chiropractor to patient. The patient walked out when the chiropractor refused to show him his X-rays until he after a "seminar" on payment plans and treatment options. This letter (a picture of which is through the link) resulted:
Thank you for taking the time to chat with my office staff the other day regarding your care here at [redacted] Chiropractic.
I am sorry that you do not take your health seriously. When you decide to make your health a priority, please know we are available to help you.
I urge you to take good care of your health and contact us immediately if you run into any problems. It's been a pleasure to be of service to you.
That's just stupendous dickery, and it makes me happy on three levels:
1. Another profession has awful people, just like mine!
2. PassiveAggressiveNotes, as I said, printed a picture of the letter. Now, the name of the patient and of the chiropractor are blacked out. But the clinic's distinctive logo remains. There are only so many chiropractic clinics in Knoxville. Sooner or later, someone — could it be you? — will give us this douche's name, so Google can immortalize him, and maybe we can send him some emails. ("Dear 'Dr.' X: I am sorry that you do not take being a decent human being seriously.")
3. The internet would be an abject failure if this didn't generate a hilarious slap fight among skeptics, chiropractors, osteopaths, and people who believe in healing involving, I think, some sort of crystals. Of course, the internet does not disappoint, does it?
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017