Headline: City-owned cars in Orlando, Florida are vandalized with anti-Obama (and some anti-McCain) graffiti, including racial slurs.
How do partisan political forums react?
Well, at Free Republic, of the 50 comments on the front page of the comment thread about the story, 23 (or 46%) suggest that it was a put-up job by pro-Obama forces. This crew loves the phrase "Reichstag fire."
Meanwhile, at Democratic Underground, as of this writing the comments accuse followers of "KKKarl Rove," abortion opponents, "bible thumpers," members of Free Republic. No Reichstag Fire reference, though there is a Germany in 1927 reference.
Al Gore, I hope you're happy.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017