Who knew this whole time that we were being so wasteful with milk? Wal-Mart and Costco are leading the change to a more squarish jug and plenty of customers love the idea:
“I hate it,” said Lisa DeHoff, a cafe owner shopping in a Sam’s Club here.
Well, there's bound to be some resistance.
“It spills everywhere,” said Amy Wise, a homemaker.
It's a learned skill.
“It’s very hard for kids to pour,” said Lee Morris, who was shopping for her grandchildren.
And there you have it — won't somebody think of the children?
It's acutally an interesting idea and I'm a bit surprised it took this long to formulate. If the producers really end up saving on shipping costs and can reduce water their usage by up to 70%, then I, for one, would like to welcome our new milk container overlords.
Last 5 posts by Mike
- "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not filmed." - December 30th, 2008
- The Revolution Will Be Facebooked - December 26th, 2008
- Confessions of a Closet WoW Addict - October 16th, 2008
- On the nature of accidents... - September 28th, 2008
- Cure for Pain - September 24th, 2008