In the wake of the California Supreme Court's recent decision finding that laws against same-sex marriage are prohibited by the California Constitution, it was only a matter of time before someone on Capitol Hill sounded the call for "marriage protection." And so they have.
But the sponsors of the latest proposed constitutional amendment to protect the sanctity of marriage are, perhaps, a bit of a surprise: Larry "Wide Stance" Craig and David "Around the World" Vitter.
May we next expect the Edward Kennedy Transportation Safety Act of 2008?
Marriage is, it seems, a curious thing: threatened by committed same-sex couples, not threatened by screwing whores or soliciting anonymous sex in rest rooms.
Hat tip: Pyperkub at GT.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017
- We Interrupt This Grand Jury Lawsplainer For A Search Warrant Lawsplainer - August 9th, 2017