I don't think it's a particularly big stretch to say that corruption played a pretty big role regarding the damage in the Chinese earthquake. The corruption is horrifically rampant, and though China took the step of making a National Bureau of Corruption Prevention, it hasn't really stopped it all that much. But China isn't afraid to use executions as a deterrent. After the Chinese Toy Scandal, they killed their head of the FDA With Chinese Characteristics for taking $850k (US$) in bribes (My reaction was twofold. 'Why did it take so long?' and 'That little?'). So I was readily anticiapting the annoucement of some executions. Or not.
China is learning more from the US every day. Next week they'll annouce a special Task Force to decide whether or not to submit a recommendation to form a committee to start a Special Investigation. Come on China, don't tell me the Olympics made you guys a bunch of pussies.
Last 5 posts by Derrick
- POPEHAT 2016 POST-ELECTION GUIDE - November 9th, 2016
- POPEHAT 2016 ELECTION DAY GUIDE - November 8th, 2016
- Ask PopeHat! 11/4/2016 - November 4th, 2016
- Whether in a car or on a horse / We don't mind using excessive force - April 23rd, 2013
- No Shit - March 28th, 2013