Via i09, I see that HBO has a new drama series in production: True Blood, about a world in which vampires are real and reveal themselves to society. It appears questionable, but given HBO's track record with drama series, I'm willing to give it a look.
The writers shrewdly realize that this sort of thing would generate vampire wannabees — or the Poseferatu, as I would call them. I suspect that the Poseferatu would outnumber real vampires by about 20 to 1. I mean there's no hint of real vampires now and we've already got scads of orally fixated goths schlepping about holding Anne Rice readings. Imagine what would happen if they got wind that the real thing is lurking about. At the very least, there would be an exponential increase in shitty poetry.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Hate Speech Debate on More Perfect Live - September 5th, 2017
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017