No, really – I mean it.
It's also easy to imagine how sarcasm might be selected over time as evolutionarily crucial. Imagine two ancient humans running across the savannah with a hungry lion in pursuit. One guy says to the other, "Are we having fun yet?" and the other just looks blank and stops to figure out what in the world his pal meant by that remark. End of friendship, end of one guy's contribution to the future of the human gene pool.
If only it were that easy.
Last 5 posts by Mike
- "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not filmed." - December 30th, 2008
- The Revolution Will Be Facebooked - December 26th, 2008
- Confessions of a Closet WoW Addict - October 16th, 2008
- On the nature of accidents... - September 28th, 2008
- Cure for Pain - September 24th, 2008