I was listening to the Economist podcast Democracy in America for June 12th. It featured an earnest discussion with author John McWhorter about whether hip-hop was really a political force. It's always funny to hear a very proper Englishmen describe the bitches & hos parts of a David Banner song as "describing what he would like to do to her." The discomfort level of the host was high. Good stuff. Incidentally, the discussion of the political relevance of hip hop was interesting, and made me add Mr. McWhorter's book to my reading list.
Then, the unintentional comedy rating went through the roof, as with no annoucement or fanfare, they played a rap lionizing the Economist itself at the end of the podcast. I highly recommend giving it a listen.
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010