So it would appear that if you misbehave, and your parent grounds you and forbids you to go on a class trip, you can just go to court and get the decision overturned.
So long as you are Canadian.
The girl took the matter to the court … [and] Madam Justice Suzanne Tessier of the Quebec Superior Court ruled on Friday that the father couldn't discipline his daughter by barring her from the school trip…
Remember: government knows better than you do.
My two favorite parts of Eugene Volokh's treatment of this news item are (1) the way he satirically pretends that it must be a story from The Onion, and (2) the way that many Volokh Conspiracy commenters miss the joke and tell him no, it isn't The Onion.
Last 5 posts by Ken White
- Popehat Goes To The Opera: Un ballo in maschera - August 19th, 2017
- Department of Justice Uses Search Warrant To Get Data On Visitors to Anti-Trump Site - August 14th, 2017
- America At The End of All Hypotheticals - August 14th, 2017
- Lawsplainer: Why John Oliver Is Anti-Diversity Now - August 11th, 2017
- Anatomy of a Scam, Chapter 15: The Wheels, They Grind - August 10th, 2017