Have you ever felt under-appreciated? Ever felt like you don't make a difference? Well, suck it up, because you have nothing on this lady.
THE remains of a woman have been found sitting in front of her TV – 42 years after she was reported missing.
Hedviga Golik, who was born in 1924, had apparently made herself a cup of tea before sitting in her favourite armchair in front of her black and white television.
Croatian police said she was last seen by neighbours in 1966, when she would have been 42 years old.
The kookiest part of the story is that a missing persons report was filed on her, but no one ever bothered to visit her apartment in order to find her. Forty-two years. FORTY-TWO YEARS! The cops said her apartment was like a dusty time capsule. Not one friend, not one relative, not one apartment manager ever visited her home to find her. I find that incredibly sad. How invisible must this woman have been to have been ignored for so long?
Last 5 posts by Jesse
- USB Can Do ANYTHING - January 15th, 2009
- I'd Have Gone With the Death Penalty - July 24th, 2008
- Croatian Authorities ... Second to None! - June 18th, 2008
- Greatest Headline of All Time - April 24th, 2008
- This Has to Be in the Book of Revelation Somewhere .... - January 29th, 2008