Thank goodness! Stan Winston was the special effects genius behind many of the big budget blockbusters. He was also the most successful synthesizer of CGI & old school special effects. He lost his battle with myeloma on Sunday.
I love to watch people who have fun at what they do. People who genuinely enjoy their work. It's funny, but I think about this young girl who works at a crepe place near my house. She makes them in the window, where everyone can watch, and she really enjoys it. I can stand there & watch her (and not in a Hot Dog on a Stick way..) for a long time. If you watched Winston on commentaries or documentaries, it was clear that he had that same joy.
Thanks for bridging the gap from Harryhausen to computers Stan!
Last 5 posts by Ezra
- Yogi Berra for Governor - December 7th, 2010
- BGGCon 2010 - Day 0 - December 6th, 2010
- Your Friday Afternoon is Happy to See the Name World B. Free - December 3rd, 2010
- Boardgamegeek Con - Year 2 - November 15th, 2010
- The Games We Played: Alexander Hamilton - AntiFederalist - November 12th, 2010